Best practice for MS sql cluster under vcenter 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tal Bar-Or

Cadet
Hello All,

I trying to mount an MS 2K12 R2 cluster under Vmware vcenter 5.5 using RDM connecting host to iscsi
i mounted a test Freenas 9.3 guest exported few lun's some for SQL and quorum.
The iscsi extent are in default settings , i got issue while installing SQL 2K12 when getting to end of installation i got error as follows below end its fails to install the sql engine etc..., i am really stacked any suggestion would be helpful
Please advice
Thanks

event #[ Name] MSSQLSERVER EventID 5178

Cannot use file 'S:\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\master.mdf' because it was originally formatted with sector size 4096 and is now on a volume with sector size 131072. Move the file to a volume with a sector size that is the same as or smaller than the original sector size.

Mlovelace

Guru
Hello All,

I trying to mount an MS 2K12 R2 cluster under Vmware vcenter 5.5 using RDM connecting host to iscsi
i mounted a test Freenas 9.3 guest exported few lun's some for SQL and quorum.
The iscsi extent are in default settings , i got issue while installing SQL 2K12 when getting to end of installation i got error as follows below end its fails to install the sql engine etc..., i am really stacked any suggestion would be helpful
Please advice
Thanks

event #[ Name] MSSQLSERVER EventID 5178

Cannot use file 'S:\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\master.mdf' because it was originally formatted with sector size 4096 and is now on a volume with sector size 131072. Move the file to a volume with a sector size that is the same as or smaller than the original sector size.
Take a look at this thread about sector size. It should be what you're looking for.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/iscsi-physical-sector-size.25783/#post-163794

Status
Not open for further replies.