bad exports list line - symbolic link in export path or statfs failed

Scampicfx

Contributor
Hey,

I am replicating datasets from TrueNAS Server A to Backup TrueNAS Server B.

However, I just checked the logs of Backup TrueNAS Server B and noticed that every day, lots of errors are thrown:

bad exports list line '/mnt/backup/auto_replication/pictures/folder_a': symbolic link in export path or statfs failed
bad exports list line '/mnt/backup/auto_replication/pictures/folder_b': symbolic link in export path or statfs failed
bad exports list line '/mnt/backup/auto_replication/pictures/folder_c': symbolic link in export path or statfs failed
bad exports list line '/mnt/backup/auto_replication/pictures/folder_d': symbolic link in export path or statfs failed

and so on...

What exactly does this mean and where should I start searching for a solution for this problem? No errors are shown at TrueNAS Server A.

Thank you!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Sounds like it's saying you have either a symbolic link in the /mnt directory in the way of something you're trying to mount there or it's a complaint about there being a symbolic link in the path of the mount itself (which I guess can't be followed).

Scampicfx

Contributor
Is there a possibility to identify the folder / file which causes the problem? Should I look for the problem on the source host or the destination host?

sretalla