Backup files from multiple windows 10 machines

Matt.b483

Dabbler
I have 6 windows 10 computers that I am looking to backup a single folder from each in close to realtime I want all the files to be stored in a single folder on my nas system. I have been playing around with syncthing but I'm not sure if it's the right solution to my goal (I keep loosing data do to the way it wants to sync and the fact that I don't want it to sync that way). The 6 computers don't have that much storage space. The files are kb-mb in size and about a total of maybe a gb on each pc some less than others. Is there a way for me to mirror the folders on the 6 computers onto my free as system?

Adrian

Contributor
robocopy?

Matt.b483

Dabbler
robocopy?
I'm actually new so by robocopy what do you mean? I'm looking to copy any file added to a single folder on the client machines the instant the file is created. The files are log files. And often we need to review these log files. But to do this we have to first figure out what pc they came from. Then search that computer for the log file. The goal is to have all 6 computers store a copy of the log file on the nas storage this way we can stop searching for the needed file. I cannot change the directory the initial file is stored in. So far my best solution is to make the folder for the log files a symbolic link to a mapped network drive, but if for some reason the server is offline this method would fail resulting in data loss

Matt.b483

Dabbler
Robocopy may be the solution thank you I'll look into it fully and report back here if it is

Last edited:

sretalla