Backing up using USB drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggoosen

Dabbler
Hi,

I have a USB 1TB drive, that i use to store photos etc.

I am looking for an easy way to just copy that data from the USB directly onto the NAS (Direct via USB, not via network)

Is this possible? I did try plug it in to the spare USB drive but couldnt find it in the web interface?

Regards

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
If the USB drive is formatted with NTFS (e.g., typical for Windows), then you can "IMPORT DISK" in the Storage Screen.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Is that the same for exfat?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I would direct you to the FreeNAS documentation sir. The "imported disk" can be in 4 formats: NTFS, UFS, MSDOSFS, and EXT2FS.

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
Is that the same for exfat?

ExFAT formatted drives cannot be imported in 11.1-U4. Most simple workaround would be to connect the drive to a client and to copy over the data from there.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Most simple workaround would be to connect the drive to a client and to copy over the data from there.
Except for the fact that he specifically stated in his original post that he didn't want to do that. His question is, is it possible to do it via USB...and with what he appears to have, we have our answer: no.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
ExFAT is apparently a patent minefield that requires a license from Microsoft. Unfortunately, it got adopted for SDXC cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.