Automatic replication tasks get stuck at 0%

ivy

Dabbler
I have set up a local replication task using the GUI. It has generated snapshot tasks which seem to be running correctly.

The problem is, while the replication tasks are created, they get stuck at the RUNNING status with 0% progress for hours. This is on a small disk. I am not able to start new tasks because I get the error [EFAULT] Task is already running.

The tasks seem to work when started manually, but not automatically.

Is there a workaround that I can use to at least clear the old tasks so I can try to run new ones?

Thank you.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Are you replicating between pools?

I don't think it works within a single pool or disk.

ivy

Dabbler
Are you replicating between pools?

I don't think it works within a single pool or disk.

Two different pools, each on their own disk (I'm currently stuck with a bunch of disks of different sizes).

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Suggest you follow the "forum Rules" above and document your setup, especially software version.
Are there other replication tasks running?

ivy

Dabbler
Suggest you follow the "forum Rules" above and document your setup, especially software version.
Are there other replication tasks running?

It's in my signature, as per the rules. Is it not showing up for you?

There are no other replication tasks running. It actually went through last night, but it seems to only happen sporadically. Some nights it works, others it gets stuck at 0%. When it doesn't happen, syslog doesn't show anything related to replication, from what I can tell.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
It's in my signature, as per the rules. Is it not showing up for you?

There are no other replication tasks running. It actually went through last night, but it seems to only happen sporadically. Some nights it works, others it gets stuck at 0%. When it doesn't happen, syslog doesn't show anything related to replication, from what I can tell.

Thanks.. I didn't see hte software version... but describing the pools you have would be useful.

I'd suggest "report a bug"... it should be reliable and the fact that it works occasionally indicates you have probably configured it correctly. If its easy for you to replicate, this will help us .