SOLVED Auto Rollback

edrube

Cadet
Hi everyone. The company where I work is currently running a FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011 (yeah, 9.3). They also have a VM running Ubuntu 16.04, and using Webmin to control Samba server and his permissions.

It was working well until yesterday, when one of my coworkers told me that he can't enter to one directory. I went to check his permissions, but when I entered to his directory, it was empty. I started checking and many other directories/files are missing. One important thing is that this directories/files were "new" to the NAS, I mean, max 6 months old. The data was not fully deleted. Archives created 7 or more months ago are still there, but without the newest modifications.

So I think that NAS made a rollback. I'm not sure, because they don't have any snapshot or anything like that configured. I want to know, first if it is a rollback and why it happened. If that happened, is there any way that I can undo this rollback?

Am I missing something? Could it be an auto rollback? I'm pretty new to FreeNAS, Samba and stuff like that, so be free to correct or ask me anything.

Thanks for your time.

sretalla