Attach VM to Kubernetes Network

DaAwesomeP

Dabbler
Hello!

I have one VM NIC attached to a physical interface. This puts it on the physical network where it receives DHCP.

I would like to attach a second NIC that connects it to the Kubernetes network so that it can access non-port-forwarded services on containers. I think the way to do this would be to attach the NIC to kube-bridge interface, but this interface is not available to be added to a bridge or to be directly attached to the VM NIC from the UI. Connecting the VM to kube-bridge would also ensure that the VM is assigned a non-conflicting IP on the Kubernetes network (via DHCP) and also have the correct DNS server (assigned via DHCP) to be able to resolve the container hostnames.

I don't think a bridge to the host is the right solution because it would require me to port-forward the containers (exposing them to the rest of the physical network, unless I can specify the bind IP), isn't really scalable (would have to be by port and not hostname), and adding a bridge to the host NIC means I cannot use DHCP for the host.

Maybe I'm just missing something in the UI to get this work? Or is this a limitation with Kubernetes or SCALE?

Thanks!
Perry