Atom C2558 + A1SRM-2558F FreeNAS Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDKRUSH

Explorer
Also for people following this thread, a little more info on performance.
So ever since I set it up, my CIFS has been slowing down... I thought it had to do with the new builds, but was not sure. So I had a raidz with 3 drives and purchased 3 more of the same 2tb drives. I moved all the data and setup one raidz2 with 6 2 tb drives. (all 6 on marvel) Now after that is done I moved the data all back and CIFS is maxing gigabit again... It has been about three weeks and still blazing along... Weird...

Last edited:

marbus90

Guru
That's because the CPU is a System-on-Chip which is soldered on the mobo like a chipset. There isn't a socket for that, therefore no mobos without CPU.

Gaucho

Dabbler
That's because the CPU is a System-on-Chip which is soldered on the mobo like a chipset. There isn't a socket for that, therefore no mobos without CPU.

Ok, got it.

And what about the AMD low power CPUs (socket AM1)? The TDP is more or less the same as the Atoms, but what aabout their performance?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007671 50001028 600494814&IsNodeId=1&name=Socket AM1

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...3 600287191 600142363&IsNodeId=1&name=AMD APU

Last edited:

marbus90

Guru
lol if you have no patience to reply, then don't reply at all.

My reply would consist of quotes from cyberjock. That's the go-to sticky thread. It jumps in your face when you open this subforum. Read it. Then you won't ask questions about AMD.

Gaucho

Dabbler
My reply would consist of quotes from cyberjock. That's the go-to sticky thread. It jumps in your face when you open this subforum. Read it. Then you won't ask questions about AMD.

Everything here seems to go down to cybejock's guides and sticky thread. So why not close the whole forum and let those threads only? If questions about AMD bother you then delete your account and go mow your backyard.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm locking this thread. People should be asking questions after searching the forums. The stickies are stickied because they answer the same questions again and again. We are NOT going to hash out the same questions for the 10000th time. Read the stickies or please don't post.

Thanks to everyone that participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.