arp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdwosk97

Patron
I've been getting an arp moved error email for a while now, and I was wondering if it could be caused by the fact that I'm only using a single ethernet cable from my NAS to my router (and that single cable/interface handles IPMI and internet).
Code:
> arp: 192.168.zz.zz moved from xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx to yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy on epair0b

The first MAC address is a Super Micro MAC address while the second one doesn't seem to exist to any specific hardware vendor.

I also ran:
Code:
sysctl net.link.ether.inet.log_arp_movements=0
in the hopes that it would silence the message, but it did not.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Most likely has to do with a jail. What are you running on the system besides FreeNAS?

djdwosk97

Patron

adrianwi

Guru
I get these on my system from time to time, but never got to the bottom of why. The following command in the CLI will stop the messages:

Code:
sysctl -w net.link.ether.inet.log_arp_movements=0

Sorry, only half read your OP :eek: which you've already tried this, although my command is a little different!

djdwosk97

Patron
I get these on my system from time to time, but never got to the bottom of why. The following command in the CLI will stop the messages:

Code:
sysctl -w net.link.ether.inet.log_arp_movements=0

Sorry, only half read your OP :eek: which you've already tried this, although my command is a little different!
So I ran the command Friday night but got the error emailed to me Saturday morning, so I assumed it didn't work. But I didn't get an error this morning (I normally would have gotten it about 6 hours ago). So I guess the command did work at silencing the message but it probably occurred already and was already queued up for sending yesterday. Now I'll just add it to the conf file.

Status
Not open for further replies.