Apps with Postgres and persistence

babbelbur

Cadet
Hello,
I use Treuenas Scale for a while now, mainly as NAS so far. New I want to run a few apps which was the main reason I opted for Scale back in the day. I am not really familiar with Kubernetes or Docker so sorry if this is a stupid question.
From my understanding the wiki.js consists of two pods: One for the wiki itself and another one for the Postgres database service. What I want to achieve is, that the Postgres database is stored on a persistent dataset instead of within the database pod (is it even stored there?). I, however, have to idea how to configure this. I can find no options for the Postgres part within the app options. So is it even to do what I want?

truecharts

Guru
To give some more detailed insight:
We have not exposed this on purpose at this time, as reverting the database automatically when reverting an App update is absolutely criticial in most of our Apps. Changing the storage options inherently breaks this.

The simple fact users keep asking to change the storage options for the database without fully understanding what they are doing, makes clear that this policy is basically required to prevent users from bricking their Apps.

In the future we might(!) expose this as an advanced or expert flagged setting, we're actively looking into rewrithing the UI(-generator) a bit at the moment. But we cannot say if this is, or is not, going to make the cut.