Any way to disable Guest account on CIFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmo_Kramer

Contributor
Hello,
Is there any way to disable the Guest account on all CIFS shares?

Thanks for your time.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You can just remove the ability to have guest access to a share.
Click sharing and then on your share you want to remove guest access for, then uncheck the guest account box.

Cosmo_Kramer

Contributor
You can just remove the ability to have guest access to a share.
Click sharing and then on your share you want to remove guest access for, then uncheck the guest account box.

I've done that but I am trying to remove it entirely. Nessus is picking up that there is Guest access and I'd like to remove it so that this flag does not appear.

Thanks for your time.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
hmm you might want to try to modify the guest user so that the 'disable password login' option is checked. this will prevent any type of login for that user including cifs auth.

Dusan

Guru
I've done that but I am trying to remove it entirely. Nessus is picking up that there is Guest access and I'd like to remove it so that this flag does not appear.
Try to add "map to guest = Never" to the Auxiliary parameters of the CIFS Settings. The FreeNAS default is "Bad Password", so if you access CIFS with bad password it tries to use the guest account.

Cosmo_Kramer

Contributor
Try to add "map to guest = Never" to the Auxiliary parameters of the CIFS Settings. The FreeNAS default is "Bad Password", so if you access CIFS with bad password it tries to use the guest account.

That did it, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.