Any news on Intel Arc GPU support?

cmykpro

Cadet
I have an Intel A770 showing up today that I would love to throw in my Scale build. Yes, I know they are not supported yet. I have been reading a plethora of forum posts saying support for this is coming "very soon." Some said mid 23, some said late 23, some said early 24, and so on.

Just curious if anyone has a working crystal ball....:cool:

LarsR

Guru
The current version of truenas uses the 6.1 Kernel, support for the A770 starts with the 6.3 Kernel.
You could try the latest Dragonfish beta which should have the 6.6 Kernel if im not wrong...

cmykpro

Cadet
The current version of truenas uses the 6.1 Kernel, support for the A770 starts with the 6.3 Kernel.
You could try the latest Dragonfish beta which should have the 6.6 Kernel if im not wrong...
This is interesting. I'm very much a noob and had a heck of a time setting up Scale. Is the dragonfish Beta fairly easy to install?

LarsR

Guru
Should only require a train change in the gui, but i've never done it myself. however if you want to try it i'd recommend installing the beta on a second ssd and swapping out your cobia boot device, because once you've installed the beta you cant switch back to a previous release version.

PhilD13

Patron
Just requires a train change in the GUI but you can't go back from Beta. It is early beta software and is not ready for use though it seems to work fine. I have not had the time to try anything with it. You will have to use the command line to issue reboots or shutdowns which is simple to do. There is much work going on in the area of what users can/cannot do what tasks (admin vs jr admin) and this will be fixed in a later beta release

cmykpro

Cadet
Well I successfully installed Dragonfish and shockingly Plex still works! :)
A770 will be here later this afternoon. I will report back with results, fingers crossed...

cmykpro

Cadet
Well I got the A770 all installed and everything looked promising. The machine booted fine and I can access the web portal with no issues.
However, I can no longer start Plex. It just says waiting for pods to be cleared indefinitely, please help....

Attachments

• sniptrue.png
    sniptrue.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 224