Another Replication Post

WrathFred

Cadet
Hello All,

I Just added a new drive on my freenas. I created a zfs volume on it named Seagete4T. I can access my new volume by CIFS share in R/W no problem. Now I want to copy my files from my good old volume named "Media" to this new volume. After some googling I concluded that the simplest way to do a copy volume1 to volume2 on the same Host is to use snapshot/replication task.

Now, am I on the good track to achieve my goal? I have setupped a replication task and I'm unable to make it start. I even tried the autorepl.py shell command without sucesss. :(

Any help is welcome! :rolleyes:

Regards,

Fred

D

dlavigne

Wow, that's an ancient version.

Anything in /var/log/auth.log ?

WrathFred

Cadet
edit : was able to use the command "more" to look in the file..

I see the file in the location above.. but I dont know how to read it..

WrathFred

Cadet
OK , I upgraded to 11.2 U1. I've learn the existence of Dataset and read a bit about it. I think it might be useful for what I want.

I want to move only a part of my volume named "Media" to the New disk/Volume. Can I create a Dataset and move some folder into it?

In my volume Media I have a folders named "movies" and another one named "TV Show" , The final goal is the move only the movies to the New bigger Disk (Seagate4T)...

WrathFred

Cadet
Nope.. I made some tests but lost the write rights on my share.. I can write on the share's root that's all.. looks like I've lost ownership of my files