another panic: kmem_malloc(131072): kmem_map too small... ML110

Status
Not open for further replies.

vostor

Cadet
ok this is driving me nuts I have been running ESXi 5 on a box for about 4 months with no issues using FreeNAS as a storage array both work fine never have any issues with the ESXi Server or the FreeNAS server UNTIL! i decided to use the spare space I have for some small shares for only my self to access!

I have a deployment server which has been setup for deploying debian boxes on the fly on my ESXi Box which uses ISCSI. Never had a single problem until now the problem seems to come about when transfering large files the max network thoughput is 100mbits as the switch to the desktop (Windows 7) is a 10/100 cisco 2950 so i know the NAS box is not under any load bar from the ESXi Box on a crossover cable even then its below 10mbits as all the servers are running idle.

I have tried adding vm.kmem_size="512M" vm.kmem_size_max="512M" with no effect : ( and it seems that its CIFS related?

The Storage Box:
ML110
FreeNAS Build FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-x86 (10351)
Platform Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz
Memory 2034MB
average load 0.10

any help would be fantastic !

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Are you running ZFS? If you are you should be running the x64 version of FreeNAS and have at LEAST 6GB of RAM.

Even if you aren't running ZFS, what you are probably seeing is that Samba starts using more RAM as you use it more and you are running out of RAM. More RAM would be strongly recommended to help alleviate your issue.

vostor

Cadet
DOH just realized I am running 32bit freeNAS with ZFS that would explain the panics ok next question I am now going to need to "upgrade" to a 64bit version of freeNAS.. will i need to rebuild the entire system IE the current file system or will i be able to just reinstall the OS with a 64bit version and import the config?

Thanks
Rhod

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Reinstall the 64 bit OS and import your config. :)

You may have to import your ZFS after you import your config, but all of your data will be safe.

vostor

Cadet
all done worked a treat and the rams on order have to deal with 3 for now hope it crashes less! thanks for you help bud! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.