an error occurred

Status
Not open for further replies.

av8r

Dabbler
I'm running 9.1 and was trying to remove/detach a volume where the drive had been physically removed prior to removing it through the GUI. Detaching/scrubbing etc from the GUI just pops up the "an error occurred"...trying to reboot pops up the same error...trying to reset to factory settings pops up the same error....wtf is going on?

At this point I'd like to just start over without my config file (does the volume information reside here?) if that will allow me to start fresh.

Any ideas?

Thank you

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
The config lives on the USB. The zfs metadata lives on the disk.

As for 9.1 I haven't ever seen that issue before and I have removed and added disks. Why don't you get some more info from the logs and troubleshoot it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Nope. It's that you provide zero information on your server. No hardware, no information on when/why this started, how long you used 9.1, your actual FreeNAS config etc.

We're tired of asking for it. If you can't provide information as requested in the forum rules(that you agreed to when you signed up) I'm not going to waste my time and simply close the browser window.

av8r

Dabbler
Sorry...I've been happily using a previous version for 18 months or more and this upgrade seems to have caused issues. I reloaded 9.1.1 and everything looked good except for no interfaces showing in the GUI (clearly there was an interface as I set it up in the CLI and could connect to the gui) when I tried adding an interface in the GUI I started getting the same error popups...unable to reboot, reset, etc.

I'll read the requirements and either post back or just revert back to the previous version which seemed to work fine.

Thanks

av8r

Dabbler
Just upgraded to:
FreeNAS-9.1.1-RELEASE-x86 (a752d35)

Running less than 48 hours on new version. Config was out of the box other than changing admin account, enabling HTTPS and adding the single 2T drive as a CIFS share (shared to one account)

Hardware:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz
4gb RAM (shared with video, 3gb available)
2T HDD

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Sorry...I've been happily using a previous version for 18 months or more and this upgrade seems to have caused issues. I reloaded 9.1.1 and everything looked good except for no interfaces showing in the GUI (clearly there was an interface as I set it up in the CLI and could connect to the gui) when I tried adding an interface in the GUI I started getting the same error popups...unable to reboot, reset, etc.

I'll read the requirements and either post back or just revert back to the previous version which seemed to work fine.

Thanks
If you had an interface why are you trying to add it again in the GUI?

av8r

Dabbler
If you had an interface why are you trying to add it again in the GUI?

No interfaces showed up in the GUI and I wanted to change the IP address. Can that only be done from CLI?

Thanks

gpsguy

You can change the ip address from the server console. It's item #1.

Sent from my phone

av8r

Dabbler
Thanks...my bad on terms...by CLI I guess I meant the server console. I thought I remembered changing IP via the web GUI, but maybe not.

Thank you

gpsguy

You can change in the webgui too. But since you are having problems doing so, I gave you another option to change it.

Sent from my phone

Lurch

Cadet
I reloaded 9.1.1 and everything looked good except for no interfaces showing in the GUI (clearly there was an interface as I set it up in the CLI and could connect to the gui)

NOTE: typically the interface used to access the FreeNAS® administrative GUI is configured by DHCP. This interface will not appear in this screen, even though it is already dynamically configured and in use.

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Interfaces

av8r

Dabbler
NOTE: typically the interface used to access the FreeNAS® administrative GUI is configured by DHCP. This interface will not appear in this screen, even though it is already dynamically configured and in use.

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Interfaces

I read that. With 9.1.1 the DHCP or manually configured interface (through server console) did not show up in the web gui. I reverted to 8.3 and everything works fine.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.