Aloha from Honolulu Hawaii!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mode1Bravo

Cadet
Aloha everyone! Mode1Bravo here. I have over 35 years of Information Technology experience and have worked with everything from MSDOS, PL1, Fortran, Cobol, IBM AIX Unix, Microsoft Windows, Apple MacOS and everything in-between. I successfully completed my first ever installation and deployment of FreeNAS 11.1 for a medium sized construction company here and love it! We currently run Mac's, Windows 10 clients and Windows 2008 and 2012 Servers but are moving to FreeNAS and SUSE Linux for better performance, reliability and scalability. I love the speed and relatively small footprint FreeNAS affords. I was able to install it on a 32GB USB Thumb Drive in our Dell r510 Rack server with along with 8TB's available to users for storage. I was afraid 8GB's of RAM would not be enough but actually FreeNAS runs circles around any of the other servers I have installed with more memory by default. Anyway, I just wanted to say A-L-O-H-A and that I am very proud to be a part of the FreeNAS family. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have. =)

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.