alert.py at console

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick sullivan

Contributor
Just noticed this error....

Code:
(my host name) alert.py:  [system.alert:400] alert module '<samba4.samba4alert object at 0x814cd1518>' failed: [errno 48] address already in use

I searched online, but found non-FreeNAS issues and ways to resolve that involve writing python code...which I am not familiar with....

Last edited by a moderator:

patrick sullivan

Contributor
I wish I knew...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

patrick sullivan

Contributor
What is causing the address conflict?

Is there a way to find out what IP address is conflicting within FreeNAS? I could then start to narrow things down...I know the IP addresses of the FreeNAS OS, and the two jails I use (plugins). But, nothing else on my network is using any of those 3 IP addresses...

patrick sullivan

Contributor
These types of conflicts tend to appear in /var/log/messages. Anything network related in that file?

Well, since I only access FreeNAS via the web GUI, I need to educate myself on how to see these logs via the shell. So, it will be a few days before I can answer your question... :)

Thank you for the help...

patrick sullivan

Contributor
page after page of the attached image....

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    578.4 KB · Views: 265

toadman

Guru
I think you'd have a message from arp if you had an IP conflict. You might search the logs for "arp:" I think the output would look something like this:

...Arp: 00:00:00:00:00 is using my IP address 192.168.30.254

(Obviously with your IP address(es))

toadman

Guru
Nevermind. I think what you have is an internal conflict on the Freenas Box.

Redcoat

MVP
Per Bug #27298 - try "service middlewared restart" in the Shell and see if the Samba messages stop...

Or, in fact, have they already and all you are seeing is what you showed in the image above (which is the result of a bug that is in the works to be fixed)? In which case, no need to try anything.

patrick sullivan

Contributor
Per Bug #27298 - try "service middlewared restart" in the Shell and see if the Samba messages stop...

Or, in fact, have they already and all you are seeing is what you showed in the image above (which is the result of a bug that is in the works to be fixed)? In which case, no need to try anything.

Stopping middlewared.
Waiting for PIDS: 224.
[root@nastest ~]# ^C
[root@nastest ~]#

Status
Not open for further replies.