After upgrade from FreeNas 9.1 to 9.3 system fails to complete boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrosenwald

Dabbler
I am very novice but I had 9.1 working perfectly for the last year and a half. I just upgraded to 9.3 and during the reboot I get to a point where the screen says:
ums:0 5 buttons and [XYZ] coordinates ID=1
and after this there are continual rows of periods scrolling on the screen. I have a PS/2 mouse and keyboard plugged into a PS/2 to USB adapter which was working perfectly under 9.1. If I unplug the USB adapter 0the periods stop and I get a couple of messages that end in (disconnected). When I plug it back in I get:
ukbd0: <EP1> on usbus0
kbd2 at ukbd0
ums0: <EP2> on usb0
ums:0 5 buttons and [XYZ] coordinates ID=1
and again and after this there are continual rows of periods scrolling on the screen.

Any help would be much appreciated

D

dlavigne

Post your hardware specs as well as the size of the boot device.

rrosenwald

Dabbler
AMD A6-6400K
Asus F2A885-M mobo
Bios version 6002
16 gb ram
8 gb USB boot
6 SATA hard drives

D

dlavigne

What happens if you leave it alone? It can take a long time to generate the host key which appears as a series of dots while it's doing its thing.

D

dlavigne

Did you save your config? If so, I'd recommend a fresh install, then import your volume and upload your config.

Also, are you using USB3 or 2 ports? Try using USB2 for both the boot device (required) and keyboard.

rrosenwald

Dabbler
No, I did not - I don't know how.

USB2

I suspect there's something to edit but I'm not sure what or how to do that. I'm going to take home from my office a USB keyboard and USB mouse to replace the adapter and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.