SOLVED After updating Win10, I can't access FreeNAS.

MeatTreats

Dabbler
So I recently did a fresh install of Win10 to version 21H1 a couple of months ago and I can't access my Freenas server. I tried by entering \\192.168.X.X into explorer and it won't connect. I also cannot access the web interface at that same address but I know my PC and FreeNAS can communicate because it will say link up/down when the cable is connected or disconnected.

I installed the drivers for my Mellanox ConnectX10 10GBE nic and I tried swapping out the cable for a new one but that didn't help. I even made sure to open up group policy and enable LanmanWorkstation > AllowInsecureGuestAuth. Did not work.

When I diagnosed the Mellanox adapter, window said it doesn't have a valid IP configuration and I can't remember it that is normal or if I had to set up a static IP last time. It is currently set to auto and my PC is directly connected to the server, no switch or router.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
You'll need to enable a static IP on the PC. FreeNAS doesn't include a DHCP server.

MeatTreats

Dabbler
You'll need to enable a static IP on the PC. FreeNAS doesn't include a DHCP server.

Thank You! and sorry for wasting your time. I literally just figured it out my self. The solution was just as you said, to set a static IP on my NIC on my PC. Everything works now.

I am such an idiot.