after update to 11.2 final cant see installed plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiboTake

Dabbler
Hello,
(at first sorry for my bad english)

i installed the final update of FreeNAS 11.2 and wondering that my plugins are running but i dont see that in the informations what is installed.
my first idea was i go into the older view and deinstall one of my plugins, after them i go in the new menuview and install it new.
but this inst going. allways i became an error log.

so now i´m back too 11.1 u5 and wait for ideas.

my testet plugin was xmrig 2.6.2

have you ideas please write simple to understand. thanks a lot.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Tibo:

You can't install plugins / jails in the old UI (under BETA1) - they are getting rid of the old plugin 'engine' at the backend.
They do continue to work for the time being.

Is there any reason you need to mess with them? If it's up and running, don't delete it?

TiboTake

Dabbler
in the old UI i dont test install a plugin. in the new UI i can install othe plugins but not the same. wen i deinstall the plugin that i use and updating to 11.2 and will install a plugin what i used in 11.1 became i this info:

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback: 
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
	r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 122, in main_worker
	res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
	return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 82, in _run
	return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 75, in _call
	return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 75, in _call
	return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 662, in nf
	return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 238, in fetch
	iocage.fetch(**options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/iocage.py", line 909, in fetch
	props, accept_license=accept, official=official)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 689, in fetch_plugin_index
	props, 0, accept_license)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 115, in fetch_plugin
	self.__fetch_plugin_inform__(conf, num, plugins, accept_license)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 215, in __fetch_plugin_inform__
	silent=self.silent)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_common.py", line 82, in logit
	_callback({"level": level, "message": msg}, exit_on_error)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_common.py", line 55, in callback
	log.log(15, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1372, in log
	self._log(level, msg, args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1442, in _log
	self.handle(record)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1452, in handle
	self.callHandlers(record)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/logging/__init__.py", line 1514, in callHandlers
	hdlr.handle(record)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/logging/__init__.py", line 863, in handle
	self.emit(record)
  File "/usr/local/lib/freenasOS/__init__.py", line 152, in emit
	_msg)
TypeError: [priority,] message string
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 332, in run
	await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 129, in throw
	return self.gen.throw(type, value, traceback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 356, in __run_body
	rv = await self.middleware._call_worker(self.serviceobj, self.method_name, *self.args, job={'id': self.id})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 977, in _call_worker
	job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 908, in run_in_proc
	return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 902, in run_in_executor
	return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
TypeError: [priority,] message string

danb35

Hall of Famer
There is no 11.2 final yet; you've installed a beta (yes, I know it's in the 11.2-STABLE train; ask iX why they put beta releases there).

ShinobiX9X

Contributor
Hey, I have the same issue. This is what happened:
after upgrading to 11.2 my installed plugins don't show in the (new) UI anymore. But when i surf
to their IP, they are still there, and working fine.
I also checked the jails page, it shows also empty.

edit: going back to legacy UI (staying on 11.2) the plugins show normally like in 11.1U5.

Here the same, with the 'old' GUI I can see the plugins (working) however I do like the new GUI more! Nice update.

Phil G

Cadet
The old plugins still show up when you go to the top and select Old UI. They don't show in the new UI. I would hope the developers have thought about this so that existing Jails can be transitioned to the new management portal without much effort. This would be very short sighted if that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.