AFP Permissions Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jkh

Anther question. Are you sure, that the "ea = auto" is default setting? The man page give no answer which is the default value.

We do not know - we're not big netatalk hackers over here, I'm afraid, we just bundle it. What happened when you changed the ea setting on your box?

ObiTobi

Patron
Ok the change does nothing. Whether I have ad in afp.conf ae = auto or ae = ad :(

J

jkh

Ok the change does nothing. Whether I have ad in afp.conf ae = auto or ae = ad :(

And I assume you restarted the afp service each time... Weird! You definitely changed /usr/local/etc/afpd.conf each time, yes? If both of those things are true, then clearly the problem is not with the configuration and I'm not sure what else to suggest... We can't even reproduce the problem here!

feleven

Dabbler
I'm getting the same error here. Running FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64 (002022c) - example:

May 16 13:47:58 freeness afpd[90321]: sys_lsetxattr("/mnt/FN-RZ2/."): Permission denied

I get a LOT of these errors every time I access the server volume from a Mac using the Finder utility as a Guest (no login required) thru an AFP share - its not a TimeMachine backup action (which I don't use). The share is set up with permissions as follows:

Default file permission: Owner: rwx Group: r-x Other: r-x
Default directory permission: Owner: rw- Group: r-- Other: r--

The weird thing is that I get an error on both the server volume (FN-RZ2) and the backup volume (FN-BK) even though I only access the server volume through Finder. Its almost as if the simple act of pointing Finder at the FreeNAS server machine from a Guest acct triggers these errors. Meanwhile, Finder is given access to all subdirectories and files without issue.

Have I just screwed up my Guest account permissions, or is the fact that Default directory permission is set off for Execute for everybody, or is there something else I'm missing. The server runs fine near as I can tell, so I don't know if this is an error I should be addressing, or if its just a nuisance that I can (try to ) ignore. My guess is that its the former, but I'm not a unix guru so my guess is far from informed.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.