Advised hosted servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kynao

Cadet
Hello,

With NAS software bringing ZFS/Brfs or so, using hardware raid is hardly not recommended.
What would be recommended then as a server by taking the example of dedicated storage servers proposed by OVH here :

https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/storage/
First i was interested in
FS-30T
CPU: Intel Xeon-D 1520 - 4c/8t - 2.4GHz /2.7GHz
RAM: 32GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz
Disks: HardRaid 5x6TB
Delivered in: 120s
£139.19
ex. VAT/month

But it's about hardware RAID and on a general approach, i'm interested into feeback and advices about CPU and RAM as well, what server would you choose in that list?

m0nkey_

MVP
Just a word of warning, if you're going to have a FreeNAS server hosted somewhere, you will need to put it behind a firewall since it's not designed to be accessible via the Internet.

Kynao

Cadet
Good to know, thanks you.
Eventually, is there a Freenas firewall plugin?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Hello,

With NAS software bringing ZFS/Brfs or so, using hardware raid is hardly not recommended.
What would be recommended then as a server by taking the example of dedicated storage servers proposed by OVH here :

But it's about hardware RAID and on a general approach, i'm interested into feeback and advices about CPU and RAM as well, what server would you choose in that list?
Based on the way you have written your post, I get the impression that you are not a native English speaker. Do you realize that the servers specified are hosted elsewhere? It would not be at your site. The very nature of what they are selling is directly opposite to what FreeNAS is designed to do. FreeNAS is for local storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.