Adding Self signed cert to ownCloud and possible to update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResentedPoet

Dabbler
Hi,

I'm a SSL/security newbie here and been reading around the forums and google for a bit about adding SSL security to my home server. I wanted to start with ownCloud (seems like a logical choice) and have followed the FreeNAS 9.3 documentation and have gotten as far as generating a root certificate and then the actual specific certificate for ownCloud signed internally by the Root CA.

I have exported the keys, but have lost track on where to go from there. I can't seem any section in the config.php or .htaccess file that would allow me to specify a path to the .key and .crt files. Could someone give me some directions (preferably FreeNAS specific) on how to install the SSL key?

Also out of curiosity, is it possible to update the ownCloud (or any other FreeNAS creating/installed plugin) to their latest versions? Would really like to find a way to do this just to keep up to date with security updates and whatnot. I realize that I should have just created the individual jails on my own and did things from source after reading through here, but now that everything is configured and working properly I would rather not have to go the route of re-doing everything over again.

Thanks!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Cyrberjock explains how to do this in the Owncloud install thread. I have successfully updated owncloud using the built in updater.

Status
Not open for further replies.