SOLVED Adding second drive, django error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Smit

Cadet
Hi,

Recently built my first NAS and successfully installed FreeNAS on it. I started the NAS with one 1TB hard disk as main storage. It worked great till I ran out of storage. Bought and identical hard disk and installed in the NAS. However, when I try to 'import disk' in the GUI, I get the following error:

Code:
Import of Volume /dev/ada1 Failed.
Reason <django.utils.functional.__proxy__ object at 0x8053e3c50>

I selected the only drive it could see (ada1), selected NTFS (all the other types give other errors), and selected my personal folder as destination.

I've already read these two threads, but the solutions didn't work:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/import-disk-fails.26331/
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/import-new-disk-error-for-msdos-filesystem.30572/

FreeNAS version: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201506292130 64 bit
Hardware:
Motherboard: ASRock AM1H-ITX
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 5150 APU with Radeon(tm) R3
RAM size: 2x Kingston KVR16N11S8/4
Hard drives: 2x Seagate 1TB SATA HDD

Really hope someone can help.
Keep in mind, I'm an absolute rookie when it comes to networking, coding and building things...

Attachments

• Import.png
    Import.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Error.png
    Error.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 262

danb35

Hall of Famer
Import disk is used to copy data from a disk into your ZFS data pool, which isn't what you (appear to) want to do. You want to add the disk as more storage, either as part of your existing pool (what FreeNAS calls a "volume") or as a new pool. Either of those will be done using the Volume Manager.

I'm sure you're aware that your current setup has no redundancy--if a disk fails, you'll lose all the data on it; if you add the new disk to your existing pool, your data will be striped across both disks, such that if (when) either disk fails, you'll lose all the data in the pool.

Tim Smit

Cadet
Wow, this is one of those things that are so logical, once you have the answer. And I realize that my setup has no redundancy, I'll buy more hard drives once I have the money to do so.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.