Adaptec 1045 Driver Installation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melona380

Cadet
I have a Dell poweredge R200 running freenas 9.10 with an Adaptec 1045. I have 4 1TB SATA Drives on the Adaptec controller.

The drives are recognised in the bios, but not by FreeNAS.

On Adaptec's website there are drivers for Suse and Red Hat, But I cant install any RPM's on FreeNAS.
There is also the source code for it here.

When I try Compiling it I get Error 1 because the Directory /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build is non-existent. If I make that directory it gives Error 2 saying it cant make it.

Next I tried what was stated in this thread: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/adaptec-6805-driver-issue-shutdown.5526/
I have an Adaptec 6905e and I have tried it in Freenas 8. It is not natively supported so I did the following

mount -uw /

copied the aacu64.ko(from the adaptec website) into /boot/kernel
manually edited the /boot/loader.conf and added

aacu64_load=”YES”

I set the HDDs as JBOD and they appear in the HDD list and the ZFS raid works normally.

But in my case I extracted an rpm and found adpinv.ko and did
Code:
cp adpinv.ko into /boot/kernel
manually edited the /boot/loader.conf and added

adpinv_load=”YES”

however this doent load, and upon trying kldload adpinv ity says to check dmesg, Dmesg provides a very generic response. HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THIS TO WORK?!?!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
But I cant install any RPM's on FreeNAS.
You're not supposed to.

More importantly, Adaptec cards have a reputation for being crap with FreeNAS.

danb35

Hall of Famer
...and in addition to the problem of your controller not being suitable for FreeNAS, the rest of your hardware isn't either. The maximum RAM supported by that system (8 GB, per the spec sheet) is the bare minimum for FreeNAS to run safely, and the front-side bus is going to kill any kind of performance anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.