AD service not joining my AD Domain since upgrade to 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syris71

Cadet
I followed this article https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/using-active-directory-with-freenas.18068/
I can ping Domain Controllers from Freenas shell. DNS is working correctly, verified my server SRV records from freenas (ie host -t srv _kerberos._tcp.windows.domain.com" where windows.domain.com is your fqdn of your domain)

I also followed http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_directoryservice.html and under 9.1.2. If the System Will not Join the Domain I get to "service ix-kerberos start" I get the following errors:

[root@freenas] ~# service ix-kerberos start

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/libexec/nas/generate_krb5_conf.py", line 543, in <module>

main()

File "/usr/local/libexec/nas/generate_krb5_conf.py", line 475, in main

ad = FreeNAS_ActiveDirectory(flags=FLAGS_DBINIT)

File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/common/freenasldap.py", line 2096, in __init__

super(FreeNAS_ActiveDirectory, self).__init__(**kwargs)

File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/common/freenasldap.py", line 1429, in __init__

self.get_kerberos_ticket()

File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/common/freenasldap.py", line 1391, in get_kerberos_ticket

(returncode, stdout, stderr) = run(string.join(args, ' '), timeout=self.timeout)

File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/common/pipesubr.py", line 92, in run

signal.alarm(timeout)

TypeError: an integer is required

Any ideas?

Thanks Bill

D

dlavigne

You shouldn't be getting a traceback. Is that on the latest SU of 9.3?

Syris71

Cadet
I upgraded from 9.2.1.9 to 9.3-STABLE-201506042008. Then did updates thru GUI that brought me to 9.3-STABLE-201506292130. No more updates in GUI but I noticed there is a download for 9.3-STABLE-201506292332. So i am going to try updating to that.

D

dlavigne

Sounds good. If it still gives a traceback after the update, create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org that includes the full text of the traceback and post the issue number here.

Syris71

Cadet
same problem on FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201506292332

Bug report
Bug #10457

upload_2015-7-4_18-42-41.png

Syris71

Cadet
UPDATE (fixed)_ was not getting problem with a new fresh install of 9.3-STABLE-201506292332 but when ever I restored my config, the problem came back. I ended doing screen shots of all my settings. Then manually updating a fresh install and re-importing my zvols. Been working fine for a month now. Keeping frequent separate config backups whenever I make a change : )

Status
Not open for further replies.