Actual use of special vdev. Metadata + special_small_blocks

StarkJohan

Explorer
I have a 4TB pool setup with two dual mirrors (4 hdds) with "old" data. I recently added a special metadata vdev mirror (2 ssds). The capacity needed for small blocks at maximum 32K is approximately 127G according to the "Block size histogram" (zdb -LbbbA -U /data/zfs/zpool.cache <poolname>). The capacity of the special vdev is 480GB which should be more than adequate for metadata + 32K small blocks as far as I can tell. I've set special_small_blocks of the datasets to 32K. So for so good, pool works just fine.

I understand that only newly written small blocks up to and including 32K in my case will actually be written to the ssd vdev. I also understand that I can move the data away from the pool and back again to "force" small blocks to be written to the special vdev.

1a. How do I find out how much space is allocated for the metadata?
1b. How do I know if the metadata is still on the hdds or if the metadata is on the special vdev?
...and more importantly:
2. How do I find out how much of the special_small_blocks is stored on the ssd special vdev?

I would like to know this before "forcing" the small blocks to be written again to be sure my operation does what I think is should do.

sretalla