Active Directory/SMB - NT_STATUS_RPC_SEC_PKG_ERROR

multi.flexi

Cadet
Hi,

I am getting this error in SMB logs:
Code:
NT_STATUS_RPC_SEC_PKG_ERROR

as a result, both Windows and Linux users cannot connect to the share. The other difference is that connection with this error also does have following values empty/null:
Code:
"becameAccount":"",
"becameDomain":"",
"becameSid":null,

Usually, it helps to refresh the Directory Cache, but it is happening too many times during the day. TrueNAS is connected to Active Directory which so far worked fine with other NASes based on Linux. More in attached file.
Does anybody have an idea why is this happening?

Attachments

• truenas.txt
    746 bytes · Views: 164

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Might be contention between middleware and winbind for netlogon rpc pipe to the remote DC. I haven't seen this before, but it may be an overall issue that needs to get fixed. Can you send me a private message so that we can arrange a teamviewer session so that I can investigate / possibly hotpatch?

multi.flexi

Cadet
DM sent.

Arcticfox

Cadet
On Tuesday 12/29 I finally got around to upgrading my FreeNAS to TrueNAS CORE 12.0-U1. Ever since I have been getting this same error. Random systems will not be able to access SMB shares and give the error NT_STATUS_RPC_SEC_PKG_ERROR until I toggle Directory Cache off and on. Was any fix/workaround found for this issue?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
On Tuesday 12/29 I finally got around to upgrading my FreeNAS to TrueNAS CORE 12.0-U1. Ever since I have been getting this same error. Random systems will not be able to access SMB shares and give the error NT_STATUS_RPC_SEC_PKG_ERROR until I toggle Directory Cache off and on. Was any fix/workaround found for this issue?
Still troubleshooting it. Have possible fix, hopefully it will make next release.