Active Directory Group or User Limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dweimer

Dabbler
Is there a maximum group or user limit that could cause problems with Active Directory? I am trying to add a FreeNAS 8.0.1 server to Active Directory, we have a lot of groups configured, and though the addition works successfully. After trying to access anything through the web interface that accesses group or user information once active directory is enabled the web interface becomes completely locked. After Rebooting, the system is responsive again until you try to access anything that attempts to load users or groups from active directory. Also after the reboot, the console will never reach the menu, even though the web interface is available.

dack

Cadet
Did you find a fix? I have the same issue on 8.0.2. Web interface hangs when trying to list users (such as when creating a CIFS share). Console does not reach the menu after rebooting, unless you shut down AD and CIFS services. My AD has about 5000 users and 1900 groups. wbinfo -u works fine and takes about 20 seconds.

G

gcooper

Please try 8.0.3-RC3. It's a lot robust in terms of AFP and AD/CIFS interoperability than prior versions.

dack

Cadet
I just tried with 8.0.3 and a clean setup - same issue. wbinfo -u works fine, but webui never loads the add share dialog. After rebooting, the console menu doesn't come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.