A fail event had been detected on md device /dev/md124 (After Bluefin Update)

Smokie

Explorer
I see there is a couple of other post with similar issues but I thought I would post my own one in case anyone has any direct questions.
So I changed the release train last night and updated to Bluefin. I then got the above message on an email 4 times. Md 124 md 125 md 126 md 127

On the mail with md124 below it is a message stating it could be related to component device /dev/sdi1
On the mail with md 125 is a similar message but stating device /dev/sdg1
On the mail with md 126 is a similar message but stating device /dev/sde1
On the mail with md 127 is a similar message but stating device /dev/sdc1

Is this stating that my drives are failing? I see on other posts that people are saying its a bug?
I have 8 1tb drives in RaidZ1 All showing with no errors and the mails only came in after the reboot on the update.

Might I add that the server was only built 2 months ago, It was running great and still is after the update.

Thanks In Advance

artlessknave

Wizard
SCALE uses mdadm for swap disks. not sure why they decided to send these emails out, as long as you have enough RAM, the swap on disk won't even be used. it seems like the state of the swap partitions is sometimes checked on startup, found to be incomplete, and an email sent out.

as long as ZFS or smart are not reporting errors, these appear to be false alerts.

note that, while not really needed for this particular question, forum rules are to include your hardware. an easy way to do this is to put it in a signature that will be available with any post.

Smokie

Explorer
SCALE uses mdadm for swap disks. not sure why they decided to send these emails out, as long as you have enough RAM, the swap on disk won't even be used. it seems like the state of the swap partitions is sometimes checked on startup, found to be incomplete, and an email sent out.

as long as ZFS or smart are not reporting errors, these appear to be false alerts.

note that, while not really needed for this particular question, forum rules are to include your hardware. an easy way to do this is to put it in a signature that will be available with any post.
Cheers for that mate. I’ll update my signature with the hardware details also.