9200-8e vs 9300-8e - 6Gpbs vs 12Gbps Reality

Seed

Dabbler
Hello,

I currently run a 9200 HBA card to an external raidz2 pool in an enclosure that supports 12Gbps SAS. Would I see a benefit upgrading the card to a 9300 that supports the same? I'm running 10Gbe and move a ton of files and run a ton of services on this pool so wondering if it's really worth it.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Maybe.

What do you have attached to it?

If it's SSDs, certainly.

If it's HDDs, maybe,but probably not much (unless it's a large number of HDDS)

Seed

Dabbler
Maybe.

What do you have attached to it?

If it's SSDs, certainly.

If it's HDDs, maybe,but probably not much (unless it's a large number of HDDS)
I currently run 9 7200 WD Reds in z2 but will be rebuilding the pool to a 12 disk, 6x2 vdev pool, maybe a 4x3 pool. Data is backed up off this host so not too concerned on high resiliency if a 3 vdev is good for IO. I want to direct edit off a Mac mini on this host on the HDD shares

sretalla