SOLVED 9.3 jails show as CORRUPT in 11.3-U5

trilepton

Dabbler
I have been on version 11.2-U5 for over a year. I have three jails that were created in warden: a syncthing plugin jail on 10.3 release and two custom jails on 9.3 release.

Recently I migrated all the jails successfully to iocage using the script at /usr/local/sbin/migrate_warden.py. I also upgraded the main system to 11.2-U8 with no issues. However I did not update any of the jails.

Today, I updated the main system to 11.3-U5. After this upgrade, both of the custom jails that were built on 9.3 release show as CORRUPT. Running iocage list shows the error freebsd-version could not be found at /mnt/pool-name/jails/jail-name/root/bin/freebsd-version for both of the corrupt jails.

I tried fetching the earliest release in iocage 11.2-RELEASE (EOL) and upgrading the corrupt jails but that resulted the same error as above about freebsd-version not being found.

I did notice that the syncthing jail, which is working and was based on 10.3 release does have the freebsd-version file.

What is the best way to get the corrupt jails to work? How can I update them from the really old version? Is it possible to just create a freebsd-version file for them?

sretalla