9.2 No plugins found... not a networking issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccnp123

Cadet
I'm having the same issue others have posted about... only I do not think my problem is related to networking. DNS and IPs are set fine, I can reach the internet fine, I can even WGET the repo file...

Code:

[root@freenas ~]# wget http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/pbi-meta/pbi-re
po.rpo                                                                         
--2014-12-10 23:06:04--  http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/pbi-meta/pbi-
repo.rpo                                                                       
Resolving download.freenas.org (download.freenas.org)... 64.62.136.38          
Connecting to download.freenas.org (download.freenas.org)|64.62.136.38|:80... co
nnected.                                                                       
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK                                 
Length: 939 [text/plain]                                                       
pbi-repo.rpo: Read-only file system                                            

Cannot write to ‘pbi-repo.rpo’ (Read-only file system).                        
[root@freenas ~]# ^C                                                                                                               

So what gives?

Maybe it's the read only thing? I haven't changed anything related to the FreeNAS installation, just added a couple CIFS shares so far.

D

dlavigne

Just to clarify the version, is it 9.2.0, some variation of 9.2.x, or 9.3?

Also, it looks like the wget error has to do with trying to download a file to a read-only destination (your current working directory). This file is certainly downloadable.

ccnp123

Cadet
FreeNAS-9.2.1.6-RELEASE-x64 (ddd1e39)

I should probably know why there is a read only file system... but I don't. Is that not standard?

If it wasn't obvious, I was doing the wget as root from the /root folder.

Ok so after some quick digging, the base drive is mounted on / as read-only, but /etc /mnt and /var are each mounted writeable from their own partition. I must have chosen an option to do that during the install.

The URL is configured correctly in the web interface, but the file does not seem to be on my system:

Code:
[root@freenas /etc]# find / -name "pbi-repo.rpo" ! -path "/mnt/*"              
[root@freenas /etc]# 

So do you know where the file is supposed to be downloaded to? I could make sure everything is configured properly in that location.

ccnp123

Cadet
Ok, my /usr directory is read only, because that's how it is mounted from fstab.

My fstab looks like this:

Code:
[root@freenas /]# cat /etc/fstab                                                                                                   
/dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a / ufs ro 1 1                                                                                                   
/dev/ufs/FreeNASs3 /cfg ufs rw,noauto 2 2                                                                                          
/dev/ufs/FreeNASs4 /data ufs rw,noatime 2 2                                                                                        
/dev/da1p1.eli  none                    swap            sw              0       0  

Is this normal?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
ok i did that and still get "No entry found" in the web ui
that command wasn't supposed to fix anything, just show if your freenas server could connect to the repo.
did the fetch work? there should be the repo file in /tmp after you did that.

ccnp123

Cadet
Sorry. Yes the file downloaded fine and is in the /tmp folder. As I mentioned before, I'm not experiencing any networking issues on this install.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
just as a sanity test. the jails > configuration URL is the same repo URL mentioned? if so, im stumped

ccnp123

Cadet
Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by "jails > configuration URL".

Under the plugins configuration page, I have set the repo URL to the one mentioned throughout this thread.

Under Jails > Configuration, I see options for a Jail Root, and Jail networking options. The networking options are set and are reasonable, but my Jail Root is blank!

I think this is the problem. I did a fresh install in a VM to try to see why my install is trashed and there was a Jail Root set by default. I'll try using that path and see how far that gets me.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sorry, meant plugins>config like you said.
OK, im stumped.

ccnp123

Cadet
I found the jail configuration url in advanced mode, it is set properly.

I set my jail root to "/mnt/share/freenas". "share" is the name of my volume, and "freenas" is a folder I just made. I have a folder called "jails" in there already that I'm using for something else.

Still no plugins.

ccnp123

Cadet
BTW the default Jail Root on the fresh install was "/mnt/test/jails" where "test" was the name of the volume.

ccnp123

Cadet
Hey guys just wanted to report that the plugins started working without any intervention on my part. I still don't know what the bug was.

For clarity, I did at one point manually download and put the repo file in the /tmp folder, but at that time, the plugins were still not working.

This about 3 weeks later and I have not touched this box in that time. I was actually about to ask on here for tips on how to move my data onto a new FreeNAS instance, and I thought for shits I might as well check if the plugins fixed themselves, which they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.