11.3 new replication - a curate's egg?

Jedi940

Dabbler
I have experienced this exact thing in 11.3 U1. I attempted to migrate one of my replication tasks and it deleted all my snapshots. Something is definitely wrong. I have created a test dataset with legacy snapshots and will attempt a couple different ways to migrate to the new system and see if I can figure something out but for now, I'm definitely not touching any of the older tasks which appear to still be working. There is no way I can start over for replication.

@Adrian I decided to dip my toe in the water with 11.3 replication. I'm regretting it already. I'm hoping you can set me on the straight and narrow. Outline of steps I've done:
  1. I created a recursive periodic snapshot task on a dataset that includes nested datasets.
  2. I set up a recursive replication task to replicate the snapshots from one system to another.
  3. The replication seems to work the first time, but then subsequently errors.
Unlike 11.2, I have noticed that 11.3 automatically creates periodic nested dataset snapshot tasks on the source system. Is this expected behaviour? I've got a feeling the recursive flag I have set on both the periodic parent dataset snapshot task and the replication task is what's causing my issue. Are you able to help me unravel where I might be going wrong?

EDIT: The fix for me was to change the replication task transport to LEGACY.

Last edited: