11.2-U5 -- Can't Save Config Using New Web Interface

pab49162

Dabbler
I upgraded to 11.2-U5 this morning from 11.1-U7 and everything went fine with the upgrade itself. Once I had verified everything was good, I went to save a copy of the current configuration file and ran into a problem.

When I tried to save the configuration file using the new web interface, I went to System --> General, the usual Export Password Secret Seed popup came up and clicked on Save. After doing this, I got a small popup at the bottom of the browser window saying "Download Successful" and "Success". However, my browser did not indicate that a config file had been downloaded and the usual config file was not in the download folder.

After retrying this a couple times, I noticed the words "undefined" at the bottom of the log output area. Here is an excerpt showing what I see after trying to save the config files three times

Jul 25 08:50:47 HomeNAS kernel: em0: link state changed to DOWN
Jul 25 08:50:47 HomeNAS kernel: em0: link state changed to DOWN
Jul 25 08:50:47 HomeNAS kernel: em0: link state changed to UP
Jul 25 08:50:47 HomeNAS kernel: em0: link state changed to UP
Jul 25 08:50:48 HomeNAS nfsd: can't register svc name
Jul 25 08:50:48 HomeNAS ntpd[2827]: ntpd 4.2.8p11-a (1): Starting
undefinedundefinedundefined

After being unable to save the config file with the new web interface, I switched over to the legacy web interface and tried to save the config file again. Using the legacy web interface, the my browser indicated that a config file had been downloaded and the usual tar config file was in the download folder.

I did a quick scan of this forum but didn't find any posts about this issue. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Paul

Last edited:

pab49162

Dabbler
After my previous post, I did a little more testing and found a couple other interesting things.

Instead of using Firefox (68.0.1 - 64-bit) to access the NAS, I tried using Chrome to save the config file using the new web interface. With Chrome, the tar file did download but I still saw the word "undefined" in the log output area.

I then went back to Firefox, ran it in safe mode and tried to save the config file again via the new web interface. Unfortunately, using safe mode made no difference and the tar config file did not download.

Not sure I understand the behavior difference between the two browsers in the new web interface. Hopefully, someone can give me a clue on what is going on.

Paul

Last edited:

ThreeDee

Guru
if you use Firefox normally .. clear out browser cache and you should be back in business

pab49162

Dabbler
if you use Firefox normally .. clear out browser cache and you should be back in business

Thank you for the suggestion to try clearing out Firefox's browser cache before trying to save a copy of the configuration file.

I just tried this and unfortunately, clearing cache did not fix the problem. :(

I still got the same behavior as I described in the original posting with the new web interface. I got a small popup at the bottom of the browser window saying "Download Successful" and "Success" but Firefox did not indicate that a config file had been downloaded and no tar config file was saved in the download folder.

SNE

Dabbler
I had the same issue and it appeared to be due to a difference in browser settings:

ThreeDee

Guru
sometimes Ublock Origin will cause legit stuff not to work correctly

pab49162

Dabbler