11.2 Beta1 - getswapspace failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickinfl

Contributor
Since upgrading to Beta I've been getting these.

freenas.home.lan kernel log messages:
> swap_pager_getswapspace(32): failed
> swap_pager_getswapspace(16): failed
> swap_pager_getswapspace(24): failed

Stux

MVP
Have you got any swap space in top?

Rickinfl

Contributor
This hasn't happened since upgrading to Beta. Explain Top please I'm still new to Freenas.

Rickinfl

Contributor
Never had this issue before the upgrade. Not sure if I need to create a Ticket or not. Dru?

Rickinfl

Contributor
Something strange is going on I keep getting this error and the report is getting longer and longer. I'm thinking I'll wait until next release to see if it fixes the issue.

Rickinfl

Contributor
I've been searching this issue and keep finding people talking about previous versions and it was a Memory Leak bug. Not sure if that's this issue or not or in this version.

shad0wca7

Dabbler
I’m having this issue too now. Just received an email with a ton of log spam of this. Never had an issue before the beta.

ByteNick

Explorer
freenas.local kernel log messages:

In various 11.2 beta, various nightlies.

jbrown705

Explorer
I too am having this issue. I’m on beta 3. I thought it may have been because I only had 8gb ram, but I upgraded to 32 and it still going on. I also noticed that when I look at the graphs in the ui it looks like just about all the memory was used until I open the ui. This same thing occurred when I had 8gb and still does now with 32. Same thing shows with cpu usage. Anyone else have same symptoms or suggestions on fix?

Attachments

• 8890F97C-EF21-44BD-A8E8-6784D607CA43.jpeg
    8890F97C-EF21-44BD-A8E8-6784D607CA43.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 210

ByteNick

Explorer
I too am having this issue. I’m on beta 3. I thought it may have been because I only had 8gb ram, but I upgraded to 32 and it still going on. I also noticed that when I look at the graphs in the ui it looks like just about all the memory was used until I open the ui. This same thing occurred when I had 8gb and still does now with 32. Same thing shows with cpu usage. Anyone else have same symptoms or suggestions on fix?
I still have it.
No fix that I know of.

IronRobi

Explorer
Having the same issue here on Beta 3 and noticing the same thing on the graphs and reports. I've got 128gb of ram. About to upgrade to RC1 to see if it solves it

jbrown705

Explorer
Having the same issue here on Beta 3 and noticing the same thing on the graphs and reports. I've got 128gb of ram. About to upgrade to RC1 to see if it solves it

I’m on RC1 and still have the issue unfortunately.

mrhanman

Cadet
I have the same issue. Never had this problem with 11.1.

jbrown705

Explorer
Anyone still monitoring this? I am still having issues with this. I am actually running out of swap and it's causing things to stop working. It seems to be related to VM's as being a larger culprit, but not entirely at fault. There any wizards out there willing to help us?

Rickinfl

Contributor
Did anyone put a ticket in again? They might think it's fixed and it's not.

jbrown705

Explorer
Did anyone put a ticket in again? They might think it's fixed and it's not.

I am not sure how to, but I can if someone give me a little direction. Is it done thru the UI?

Also, just so I understand. If I have 3 8 TB drives, shouldn't I have 6TB of swap mem space? I only show 2 total.

Rickinfl

Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.