SOLVED 11.1 => 11.2 stable upgrade, "system is not yet available"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zugschlus

Cadet
Hi,

after upgrading my FreeNSD from 11 to 12 stable, I don't get an web UI any more. All I can see is a message "system is not yet available", and a link to the old UI which displays the same message. I tried with a different browser with empty cache and cookies deleted, reloaded many times, same message. No possibility to log in to the web UI.

On the console, I can see that the system seems to be running, and "The web user interface is at" the single IPv6 address that I have statically configured. The box has not done DHCPv4 and did IPv6 slaac only to learn the default route, but no IPv6 slaac address.

I can ping the box on IPv6, but there is no ssh daemon running. ping stops when i reboot the machine, so I am reasonably sure that this is not a case of a duplicate IP address.

What wil 8) Reset configuration to defaults do? Will that zap my entire configuration including data sets and shares, or only the (obviously broken) network configuration?

What do I do to get my NAS back?

Greetings
Marc

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
A neat trick, since there is no such thing as FreeNAS 12?? So I have no idea what you're talking about.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Well, you could probably make the mental leap required to understand that he's talking about 11.2... but good call, 12 doesn't exist.

What do I do to get my NAS back?
You have access to the console, so you can define an IPv4 and connect to that. From there, you can start to understand if it's something with the IPv6 config or something else that's breaking it.

Zugschlus

Cadet
A neat trick, since there is no such thing as FreeNAS 12?? So I have no idea what you're talking about.

I apologize for my confusion. This must probably be the most stupid mistake I made in the last few years when asking communities for help.

Of course, I upgraded from FreeNAS 11.1 to 11.2. The console still just says "FreeBSD" without giving a version number, hence my confusion.

I fixed the topic.

Greetings
Marc

Last edited:

Zugschlus

Cadet
I rebooted into the old FreeNAS 11.1, saved the configuration, did a fresh install of FreeNAS 11.2, said "keep the database". The 11.2 install came up with the manually changed network configuraiton I did yesterday, but this time, I was able to log in to the web interface. Beautiful.
I then went ahead to restore the configuration, which worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.