1 volume 2 encryption keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAbotBob

Cadet
I had a RaidZ volume with 4 drives and after detaching the volume I am not able to import the volume. I am getting and error (the following disks failed to attach). I did some looking and I found out that I have 2 keys, and after some more digging I found out 2 of the dives are using one encrypted key and the other 2 are using a different one. I am not sure how I did this! I was unable to find a way to add the volume for all 4 drives with the 2 keys. My question is: Is there a way to add the volume with both keys, if not is there anyway to remove one of the keys?

I am running freenas 11.1 with I5 6600 with 8gb ddr4 ram.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
We're actually discussing your post right now in the ##freenas-social channel on IRC, and we're quite perplexed as to how this is even possible.

How is that you have concluded that you actually have two different encryption keys in place?

WhatAbotBob

Cadet
well i was looking on my pc and i found the 2 keys. I tried to add the volume with just one disk and it would go to the next step 3 to pick the volume But it would be blank. Did that with all 4 drives and found out about the 2 keys that way.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Sounds like you didn't follow the manual when replacing disks.

You'll have to manually open them with GELI and then fix it by generating a new key for all disks.

WhatAbotBob

Cadet
Sounds like you didn't follow the manual when replacing disks.

You'll have to manually open them with GELI and then fix it by generating a new key for all disks.

Is there a manual that shows how to do that? Are there any step by step directions as to how to do this? I am new to this whole thing. Thanks for everyone's help!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You'd have to read the GELI documentation. The FreeBSD forums may be able to help, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.