0x80070544

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grohotnius

Cadet
Hi all.

I having some trouble using windows backup tool to backup my windows on an freenas.

I can accesses the drive on the freenas by file explorer and edit files and copy them on the drive.

but when i try to use built in windows backup , system image, i can select the network drive and folder where i want to do the backup.
But the problem is with the credentials or user name and password for the freenas to log in. I know i did enter the right password and user name but every time i try to do the backup i get the error 0x80070544. User name and password not correct.

so if i can get help with that or if can get directed to the relevant thread.

Thanks alll.

Alecmascot

Guru
Lots of info on 0x80070544 via google........

IceBoosteR

Guru
I have used to get it to work years ago, but Windows 10 has failed aswell with this.
On my side, credentials and everything went fine, after some minutes the process aborts and thats it. Never get it to work. But as I tried to backup to a local drive, this went fine.
I have moved to an awesome software, which is free, and does the same:
UrBackup.
Maybe you want to give it a try.

hervon

Patron
One more pledge to Urbackup. I installed the server in a warden jail a long time ago. Love it. Looking forward to install urbackup server in a iocage when i migrate to 11.2 soon.

IceBoosteR

Guru
One more pledge to Urbackup. I installed the server in a warden jail a long time ago. Love it. Looking forward to install urbackup server in a iocage when i migrate to 11.2 soon.
Have the same plan, until 11.2 is stable. Such a nice software.

kdragon75

Wizard
Yeah windows backup is garbage. I use Veeam Endpoint free. It will even pull your drivers and make a bootable recovery disk for bare metal restores.

IceBoosteR

Guru
Yeah windows backup is garbage. I use Veeam Endpoint free. It will even pull your drivers and make a bootable recovery disk for bare metal restores.
On which OS did you install the "server side"? I guess it is an Windows installation, right?

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser

IceBoosteR

Guru
"Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows FREE" (that's how recent versions of the former product "Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE" are called) is installed only on client side. All you need on the server is a share to be used as backup target.
https://www.veeam.com/windows-endpoint-server-backup-free.html
I think the only disadvantage of Veeam is the fact, that a MSSQL database is installed locally (or it was installed when I tried it 1 year ago...).
Urbackup is using a lightwight client, but if Veeam is suitable for you, go for it.

ShimadaRiku

Contributor

Does Urbackup work with encrypted drives like bitlocker?

I can restore using an image from freenas shared folder, but creating one always fails. Workaround for me is to create a temp windows VHD stored on freenas so it will function like a virtual local drive. Then move/copy the system_image backup to wherever I want on freenas

Last edited:

hervon

Patron
Does Urbackup work with encrypted drives like bitlocker?

I can restore using an image from freenas shared folder, but creating one always fails. Workaround for me is to create windows VM with ntfs storage and share it for backups. Then I move the image to freenas share.

No idea. You may check the Urbackup Forums : https://forums.urbackup.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.