Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

dak180

Patron
Just a heads-up, Jackett seems to be incompatible with 12.1-RELEASE. I tried upgrading and Jackett refused to start, remade the jail from scratch using 12.1 as a base still didn't work then went back to 11.4. I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe mono related? IDK.
It is in fact mono related; to run on freebsd 12+ jacket needs mono 6.8.0.105 which at the moment needs to be hand patched, you can see details here.

sleeper52

Explorer
Any reason you’re not using 12.3 release by now? We are getting close to TrueNAS update. 12.1 is outdated.

isn't 12.1-RELEASE the latest TrueNAS update? 11.3 and 11.4 are FreeNAS.
If I run iocage fetch -r LATEST, it says 12.1-RELEASE-p10 is the latest.

Last edited:

sleeper52

Explorer
It is in fact mono related; to run on freebsd 12+ jacket needs mono 6.8.0.105 which at the moment needs to be hand patched, you can see details here.

Can confirm it is a mono issue. I installed 6.8.0.105 on the Jackett jail as you suggested and it is now running fine. I also ran into the same issues with Lidarr and fixed it by installing this version of mono.

If anyone encounters issues like this after upgrading to 12.1-RELEASE on certain jails ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libarchive.so.6" not found, required by "pkg"
Run this command in the jail pkg-static install -f pkg

Can confirm it is a mono issue. I installed 6.8.0.105 on the Jackett jail as you suggested and it is now running fine. I also ran into the same issues with Lidarr and fixed it by installing this version of mono.

If anyone encounters issues like this after upgrading to 12.1-RELEASE on certain jails ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libarchive.so.6" not found, required by "pkg"
Run this command in the jail pkg-static install -f pkg

Same here! I updated the jail as I did before, then manually installed that version of mono and now jackett works again on 12.1-RELEASE.

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
isn't 12.1-RELEASE the latest TrueNAS update? 11.3 and 11.4 are FreeNAS.
If I run iocage fetch -r LATEST, it says 12.1-RELEASE-p10 is the latest.

You're absolutely right. My mistake. I was just looking at the decimal points. I see 12.0 is out now so I will update myself!

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Anyone know if TrueNAS is going to finally natively support .Net Core so we can get Ombi v3 or v4 which is coming out soon? I really don't want to spin up a VM for 1 app.

sleeper52

Explorer
Anyone know if TrueNAS is going to finally natively support .Net Core so we can get Ombi v3 or v4 which is coming out soon? I really don't want to spin up a VM for 1 app.

+1 would like to know as well. Is there really no way to install Ombi in a jail right now on TrueNAS other than creating a VM for it? I already have a Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 installed running pi-hole, can I add Ombi in this VM even though this OS has no GUI?

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
I have 3 Pi’s. 2 are octoprint servers for my 3D printers and another is running pi-hole. I have a server capable of running VMs but I prefer to run a jail if possible.

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Just wanted to chime in that everything seems to work fine after upgrading to TrueNAS. Changed to the 12.0 train yesterday and have been updating all the jails to 12.1. You have 2 options, backup the needed files, destroy the iocage jail, and create it again or the long way by upgrading. These instructions just need to be updated a bit and using a 12.1-RELEASE. Here's how upgrade your jails after you've updated to TrueNAS:

Code:
iocage upgrade -r 12.1-RELEASE jailname
You'll get to the a part asking if things look right, type in y. You'll get to a part where it wants you to review things, just hit q until it continues the install. This takes close to an hour on my server.

Go into the jail and enter
Code:
pkg-static install -f pkg 
and
Code:
pkg upgrade -y 

Last edited:

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Found out in another thread here that you can speed the upgrade by doing this:
colmconn said:
For the last 2 jails I deleted /usr/src in the jail and edited /etc/freebsd-update.conf (in each jail) to change line 15 from "Components src world" to "Components world" The last two jails took about 15 mins each to upgrade to 12.1 including a complete pkg upgrade.

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
For v3 radarr and sonarr you need upgraded mono. No sense of rebuilding mono which can take hours. This takes a minute:

Code:
pkg install libiconv
wget https://github.com/jailmanager/jailmanager.github.io/releases/download/v0.0.1/mono-6.8.0.105.txz
pkg install -y mono-6.8.0.105.txz

sleeper52

Explorer
For v3 radarr and sonarr you need upgraded mono. No sense of rebuilding mono which can take hours. This takes a minute:

Code:
pkg install libiconv
wget https://github.com/jailmanager/jailmanager.github.io/releases/download/v0.0.1/mono-6.8.0.105.txz
pkg install -y mono-6.8.0.105.txz

My Radarr (v2) and Sonarr were actually running fine on mono 5.10. Since you mention moving to 6.8 is stable, I decided to also do the same.
Cheers.

sleeper52

Explorer

Benc

Dabbler
I accidentally interrupted organizr migration (2 - 2.1) process and now I can't access it. I tried reinstalling it but I always get same error page. There is also a link that should help, but I just don't understand it.

Attachments

• 121658.png
    121658.png
    624 KB · Views: 256

Mannekino

Patron
Anybody else having issues with OpenVPN 2.5 and PIA?

I was unable to establish a OpenVPN connection after upgrading my Jail. I got the following error message:

Code:
 OPTIONS ERROR: failed to negotiate cipher with server.  Add the server's cipher ('BF-CBC') to --data-ciphers (currently 'AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM:AES-128-CBC') if you want to connect to this server.

I then put the following in my configuration file: /usr/local/etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf

Code:
#cipher AES-128-CBC
data-ciphers BF-CBC

And now I'm getting the following warning in the logfile but the VPN is working now.

Code:
WARNING: INSECURE cipher (BF-CBC) with block size less than 128 bit (64 bit).  This allows attacks like SWEET32.  Mitigate by using a --cipher with a larger block size (e.g. AES-256-CBC). Support for these insecure ciphers will be removed in OpenVPN 2.6.

When I uncomment the cipher I can no longer use the port forwarding script for PIA.

Any thought how to fix this properly?

dak180

Patron
When I uncomment the cipher I can no longer use the port forwarding script for PIA.

Any thought how to fix this properly?
Keep in mind that different ports (for the vpn connection) have different encryption requirements; I use port 1197.
Code:
cipher AES-256-CBC
ncp-ciphers AES-256-GCM:AES-256-CBC
data-ciphers AES-256-GCM:AES-256-CBC:BF-CBC
auth sha256

Mannekino

Patron
Keep in mind that different ports (for the vpn connection) have different encryption requirements; I use port 1197.
Code:
cipher AES-256-CBC
ncp-ciphers AES-256-GCM:AES-256-CBC
data-ciphers AES-256-GCM:AES-256-CBC:BF-CBC
auth sha256

Thanks, it seems to be working for the VPN connection. No longer getting the warnings. But now the port forwarding script isn't working anymore. I've looked through it but I can't figure out why it won't work. Do you have any experience with this?

dak180

Patron
Thanks, it seems to be working for the VPN connection. No longer getting the warnings. But now the port forwarding script isn't working anymore. I've looked through it but I can't figure out why it won't work. Do you have any experience with this?
My custom port forwarding script is up and running without any issues; it based on the official scripts, are they not working for you or are you using something else?