ZFS Replication ACLs - Some are replicated correctly, others are not.

boggie1688

Explorer
I'm using the most recent Truenas Scale release.

I've been working to finally start ZFS replication on my NAS. It took a bit of fiddling but I think have it working. Pool#1 is the original, and Pool#2 is the backup

To confirm everything was working, I created an SMB share for the backup Pool, and navigated around certain datasets to see if I could access them and see what data was replicated. I noticed that a handful of Pool#2 datasets seem to be inaccessible over my SMB share, while other Pool#2 datasets seemed fine. I started comparing the ACLs, then realized that some of the replicated datasets on Pool#2 were set to POSIX instead of NSFv4 found on the original datasets in Pool#1. After manually changing the replicated datasets options in Pool#2 to match the corresponding dataset options in Pool#, everything worked fine.

My question is, why would some dataset replications properly set the dataset to NSFv4, while others did not. Also I'm not sure if it matters, but every replication tasks has "Full filesystem Replication" selected. Is this a bug? Or do I have something misconfigured? As far as I can tell my replication tasks are all identical except for the send/receive destination and snapshots used.