ZFS pull replication to backup truenas server variable retention not based on source

tnuser9999

Dabbler
Hello I have setup 3 snapshot policies on source server; hourly/retention 3 days, daily/retention 2 weeks, weekly/retention 3 months. That seems to be working properly. Snapshots names are in the default format for each auto-%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M. The date/times conflict for some of the snapshots but everything seems to be working, I don't know if it fails or recreates the snapshot when that is the case.

I have a backup server configured to replicate by pulling snapshots from the source. I don't wish to have the same retention as source, that seems dangerous for a backup server to mimic deletions of snapshots on the file server. I also wish not to backup all snapshots, I wish to only replicate the dailies, week, and monthly. I do not wish to backup the hourly. I attempted to create separate replication task to complete this, however it worked for the dailies, the week task though said it would erase all existing snapshots on first execution.

How should I accomplish what I am wishing to? Thank you!

tnuser9999

Dabbler
I tried this configuration below however only one replication worked the hour did not. Received error message:

Error​

No incremental base on dataset 'tank' and replication from scratch is not allowed.

On source pulling I'm pulling from you can see the hour and min snapshots are being created

snaps_source1.PNG

However on the destination I'm pulling to we only see the min snapshots

snaps_dest1.PNG

Here are the replication task I have setup on the destination truenas server I am pulling to

rep1.PNG

rep1_2.PNG

rep2.PNG

rep2_2.PNG