X540-T2 10GB Very Slow - 700 to 900 KB/s Transfer

Xelas

Explorer
Well, I said I would so...
View attachment 21325
Using the X540-T2s direct with many System-Tunables involved.
{HD} - can you please share what tuning you did (on both ends, if applicable)? I'm mulling over putting together a 10Gb box for a client, so I'd find your experience immensely helpful. Thanks!

{HD}

Dabbler
{HD} - can you please share what tuning you did (on both ends, if applicable)? I'm mulling over putting together a 10Gb box for a client, so I'd find your experience immensely helpful. Thanks!
Since, I have no idea what I did I would hate to give bad data. This is the forum post with everything you need:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/10gb-tunables-on-9-10.42548/

I would not have figured it out if it wasn't for AjDuLion on IRC helping out.

(What I want to do now. Since they are T2's is have the 2 ports act as one and try to increase speed that way. This topic should be a separate post.)

Last edited:

hansch

Explorer

{HD}

Dabbler
What does this mean? Is that NIC any good for FreeNAS (11.2) or not?
I am not running 11.2 yet but I don’t see why it would be any different than 11.1 . I am happy with my speeds. I don’t really understand what you don’t understand...

hansch

Explorer
I am not running 11.2 yet but I don’t see why it would be any different than 11.1 . I am happy with my speeds. I don’t really understand what you don’t understand...
What I mean is:
Is that card good for Freenas or not --- IF you need to tune that much. I am a FreeNAS newbie and if tuning is necessary I'd rather choose a different one.
I'd prefer a card that is guaranteed to work, with or without tuning.

Anyway... I ordered 2 refurbished Chelsio 10 Gbit cards instead... just to be sure.

{HD}

Dabbler
What I mean is:
Is that card good for Freenas or not --- IF you need to tune that much. I am a FreeNAS newbie and if tuning is necessary I'd rather choose a different one.
I'd prefer a card that is guaranteed to work, with or without tuning.

Anyway... I ordered 2 refurbished Chelsio 10 Gbit cards instead... just to be sure.
You can see in the link above that it is “10gb tuneables” not “x540-t2 tunables”. I’ve been running the x540s since 9.10 and I don’t know if my tunables are even still necessary but they are still there. Post the results when you get your chelsios.