SOLVED X10SL7-F Bios update

Status
Not open for further replies.

nidur

Dabbler
Hi there,

I just bought the X10SL7-F with Crucial CT2KIT102472BD160B 16GB and i3-4150

I knew about the bios needing to be updated for the CPU to work so I'm trying to use a G3220 to do just that but all I get is the red LE6 Power led, before and after power up. Also the SAS (LEDS2) Blinks Red after powerup. The IPMI works and I have requested the SMS SUM to authenticate the bios update.

My guess is that the G3220 has the same issue and the i3-4150 and therefore does not power up and that I need a older CPU for powering the motherboard on. Have tried both NonECC memory and ECC.

Or perhaps I need another PSU or the Motherboard is broken.

Currently the only thing connected is the power switch and CPUFAN to FANA port.

marbus90

Guru
The G3220 is not a Haswell Refresh model and should work out of the box. I guess that that CPU came from a working system.

Educated guess: if something power related blinks red, it has power issues. So test with another PSU and hope that the board isn't shot already.

nidur

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply,

Yes, the PSU was the problem, taken from a tested working machine that uses 4 pin CPU out of the 8 available.

Grabbed another one that was being used on a 8 pin CPU and that one gave me the green lights... Now for the bios update :)

nidur

Dabbler
Spoke to soon, it had bios 2.0 and the i3-4150 is working.

Now for the LSI flashing my best guess is that the Phase 16 Firmware is the best option

nidur

Dabbler
Motherboard setup for freenas complete!

Not sure if the SAS address matters, but I used the one from the SAS controller.

Now for the hardware testing, cpu/mem burn and sata ports checking.

And thanks for the confirmation and help Marbus

Status
Not open for further replies.