SOLVED Write permissions for jail executed incorrectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phe0nix

Explorer
While attempting to give Plex write permissions i ididn't read the instructions close enough and now despite
the jail listing the 2 plugins i have in my jail as "running" i can't enable the plugin service within the plugins
section of FreeNAS , both show they are off. Both plugins are running as the jail reports as i can still use
Plex and the other plugin normally.

The guide i followed is HERE and i used solution #2 and i entered "David" for the USER & GROUP and i think
after reading over it agan i should have entered anyting but "David" for the USER & GROUP because of the
the command "useradd" that is in the code. So i just added David when that user already existed and i'm
thinking this is why i can't turn on the plugin service within Plugins. This issue occurred immediately after
running those commands

I ran the command jls and see the Plex and Emby ( my 2d plugin ) have different numbers assigned to them. My plugins used to be listed as 1 & 2 and now they are 6 & n7

Plex_Freenas.jpg
FTP Dir.jpg
My directory structure isn't correct from what Plex has for the FreeNAS. I don't have either of these directories "plexdata/plex media server"
So now i'm thinking this may have been from the manual update i did for the plex plugin which was successful the first time but the next
day a new version was released so i updated manually again which wasn't successful

As seen in the Log it can't decode the JSON file probably because the directory it's looking for the JSON file isn't there

Log.jpg

Last edited:

Phe0nix

Explorer
I went to my snapshots and rolled back to one on the list prior to my issue.

My Plex service was stopped already and then i deleted the storage for Plex and then the plugin
itself. I then reinstalled the plugin and gave my new jail a static IP and restarted it then readded
my storage and was able to start the service

Status
Not open for further replies.