WordPress in a FreeBSD Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

Hoping some one here can give me a hand with something I've been trying to do.

I've been attempting to setup WordPress in a Jail on our FreeNAS. I've been following https://www.digitalocean.com/commun...install-wordpress-with-apache-on-freebsd-10-1 as my guide to setting it up. I'm fairly confident I have the FAMP stack set up correctly as I can get the info.php to show at the end of the tutorial.

Everything appeared to go well with the WordPress install except it only gives me the "It Works!" sign when I go to the webpage. Which, while amusing, is not the desired effect. The only step I don't know if it went correctly is step 5. I have no idea how to check to see if apache is serving the WordPress files. And considering I can't access the WordPress installer, I have a feeling it's not working. At this point I'm stuck as to what to do next or how to trouble shoot this. I'm fairly confident its something I'm doing something wrong as I tried this on an Ubuntu 16.04 install (with a LAMP stack) and got the exact same outcome.

This isn't something that's for production, but merely for amusement. I don't plan to run a full webserver off of our FreeNAS.

Thank you to anyone who can/is willing to help!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Sounds like you don't have your document root set correctly in your apache config. I know it will work as I've done it with a FEMP stack but I'm not very well versed in Apache to offer much help there.

That kinda confirms my initial thoughts. Alright looks like I need to figureout how to dig into that.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
This is the relevent portion of that tutorial you linked to.

If you followed the prerequisite FAMP tutorial, Apache's document root will be located at/usr/local/www/apache24/data—if your document root is located somewhere else, be sure to update the highlighted path in the commands in this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.