win 10 Controlled folder access exception documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Doe

Guru
Hello,
I have win 10 pro and would like to add an exception:
C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\My Games

I use steam and some games are not know by M$ to grant automatic access.

To avoid manually adding every .exe i would like to whitelist the above mentioned destination. But i am having troubles in finding this option.

Maybe someone have already dealt with this?

Cheers

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Please stick to the default font unless you have a good reason to change it. As for your problem, what are you trying to accomplish, exactly? What are these games trying to do? Are you trying to run them from an SMB share?

John Doe

Guru
I have several games which saves profile, game progress etc. in this location. With activated "controlled folder access" only by microsoft known applications have the rights to read/ edit in this location.
This means, if i am trying to run an unknown game (view MS) it will block the access. This results in a non working game. In the past i just deactivated controlled folder access but this is a bad workaround.

so I would like to add an exception to this folder. Via the standard gui MS just offers me to add an exception for .exe files. This means i manually need to add every new game.

Unfortunately the folders: documents, music, videos, desktop for every user is blocked by default with activated "controlled folder access".

so i am searching for a way to exclude folder C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\My Games

Status
Not open for further replies.