web graphical user interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMRTG

Cadet
Hello, good morning, I am new to FreeNAS and I have it assembled and I shared a folder with a Windows user. There is a complement that allows you to see the user's folder through a web graphic interface. Thank you very much for your attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

danb35

Hall of Famer
There is a complement that allows you to see the user's folder through a web graphic interface.
If that's a question, then no--there is no file manager through the web GUI.

If you REALLY REALLY REALLY have to have a WEBGUI file manager you can install Webmin or something else like it into a jail and use it that way. Just grant storage to the area you want and set the permissions.

It is however much easier to just use a computer to do it with samba or NFS.

As far as FreeNAS having one by default you already heard the answer as no and I do not see that changing any time soon. It's too easy to just connect via samba or NFS.

JMRTG

Cadet
If you REALLY REALLY REALLY have to have a WEBGUI file manager you can install Webmin or something else like it into a jail and use it that way. Just grant storage to the area you want and set the permissions.

It is however much easier to just use a computer to do it with samba or NFS.

As far as FreeNAS having one by default you already heard the answer as no and I do not see that changing any time soon. It's too easy to just connect via samba or NFS.

Thank you very much I will review the Webmin.

Is that the company for which I am developing the project is asking me for an interface. I have already configured the samba and everything works perfectly.

Thank you for responding have a good day.

Last edited:
Using it for the file manager in a jail is not an issue and I have done it messing around with a test box. However it uses resources and with something like Samba setup already it's not really helpful. The person in the other post however wanted to use Webmin to access stuff on the base FreeNAS install like log files.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...for-file-management-on-freenas-volumes.41787/

There are a ton of different ways to set something up on the FreeNAS it's self to manage things from a remote location but simple is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.