VNET Failure "RuntimeError Message: No default interface found Partial plugin destroyed"

fcx83

Cadet
Hello

I´m new here and i want to build a NAS for home use. I already used Freenas years ago and have no issue at all. Today i install a fresh copy of Freenas and can´t install any plugin. The error is always the same, i have no hardware issue. But every time i want to install a plugin give me the same error and the plugin doens´t install.
If someone can give a litle help!

Thanks in advance

error.PNG

faxfan2002

Dabbler
Ditto on this, there are some workarounds but I can't get them to work. Seems like a very very fundamental flaw and takes away 50% of the functionality I require.

KenwoodFox

Explorer
Is this 11.3? VNET Has been having a ton of errors, get as up to date as you can, or even better, rollback to 11.2 if you still can

faxfan2002

Dabbler
Is this 11.3? VNET Has been having a ton of errors, get as up to date as you can, or even better, rollback to 11.2 if you still can

Can't seem to find the download for 11.2 - if I pass through a NIC and make the plugin DHCP only it works. However as soon as I create a virtual NIC (for iSCSI on the virtual back plane) I get the 0.0.0.0 address on the plugin.

faxfan2002

Dabbler
Can't seem to find the download for 11.2 - if I pass through a NIC and make the plugin DHCP only it works. However as soon as I create a virtual NIC (for iSCSI on the virtual back plane) I get the 0.0.0.0 address on the plugin.

Edit: found 11.2 - will download and try it.

Yorick

Wizard
I’m glad you got that solved with 11.2.

Couple things that were odd in your attempt to install this:
- No default gateway specified. Not sure that “auto” will work
- BPF - why when not using DHCP?

Other than that it looked good.

faxfan2002

Dabbler
I’m glad you got that solved with 11.2.

Couple things that were odd in your attempt to install this:
- No default gateway specified. Not sure that “auto” will work
- BPF - why when not using DHCP?

Other than that it looked good.

Not sure what you mean?

On 11.3
Installing installing on a NIC that has pass through from ESXi the plugin install worked ONLY when using DHCP, any combination of using a static IP failed. The actual system worked absolutely fine with full connectivity to the internet etc. It does seem like some kind of networking issue with the Jail / Plugin environment in 11.3.

If doing the above and adding a virtual NIC i.e. ESXi virtual switch - the plugin showed an ip address of 0.0.0.0 even with the pass through NIC still installed and functioning. Again the actual system worked absolutely fine with full connectivity to the internet etc.

Yorick

Wizard
Not sure what you me

The options chosen in the screenshot you showed seemed unexpected to me; and I commented on the way they seemed unexpected and what I would have expected instead.

I am keeping my social distance from the ESXi particulars.

faxfan2002

Dabbler
I am keeping my social distance from the ESXi particulars.

I think that is very wise (sadly a must for me)!!

The screenshot was from someone else but I was getting the same message. But with obviously a different configuration. Anyway 11.2 works straight out of the box, so it's good for now :)