VM on Truenas error

CBlack

Dabbler
I am trying to setup a vm on my truenas rig but i am sure that i checked to make sure that the motherboard supported VMs. I cant find this error info to confirm or not but all of them that I do find is related to being to large of a drive for the pool it was given to. 500 g on 1 tb drive

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 138, in call_method
result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1213, in _call
return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 484, in create
rv = await self.middleware._call(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1213, in _call
return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 975, in nf
return await f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/vm.py", line 1283, in do_create
verrors.check()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 62, in check
raise self
middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] vm_create: This system does not support virtualization.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

CBlack

Dabbler
It's not just the motherboard that needs to support virtualization. Your CPU does too. What CPU do you have? You can check it against Intel ARK to see if it's virtualization-capable. Specifically, TrueNAS virtualization requires a CPU that supports VT-x with extended page tables (EPT). See the documentation at https://www.truenas.com/docs/core/coretutorials/jailspluginsvms/virtualmachines/creatingbasicvm/, and expand the section under What system resources do VMs require?.
Running
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler
MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen™) Mini-ITX SFF Gaming Motherboard
RAM: 64 gigs

followed a guide and then went back with default settings and get same error

Edit: using a fresh made win10 iso that is on the other drive.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Did you enable virtualization in the BIOS?

CBlack

Dabbler
Thanks Samuel Tai. It was not turned on. Now working on getting a new iso of win10 with virtIO